We are looking for a Circles Coach for our Zeeland Circles group. Circles is a national program that brings people of diverse incomes together to help low-income individuals and families achieve their financial goals. The Coach will work closely with the Circles Director and the Good Samaritan Ministries Youth Program Team to lead weekly Circles meetings in Zeeland.
- Recruit Circle Leaders and Allies with neighborhood partners, non-profits, businesses, churches and connect with people in poverty.
- Coordinate efforts with Zeeland Neighborhood Connections Neighborhood Advisory Team to identify Circles Leaders and Allies.
- Screen potential Circles Leaders and Allies.
- Provide training for Circles Leaders and Allies.
- Coordinate Circles weekly schedule, activities and events with neighborhood partners, non-profits businesses and churches involved.
- Coordinate weekly meals with neighborhood partners, non-profits, businesses and churches involved.
- Lead weekly Circles meetings.
- Coordinate weekly meetings with the Youth program staff each week to align curriculum for youth and adults.
- Attend individual Circles meetings when appropriate.
- Oversee data collection of Circles Leaders and Allies and provide data information to Circles Director.
- Provide ongoing support for Circle Leaders and Allies.
- Lead monthly coaching meetings with Circle Leaders.
- Work with Circles Director to develop curriculum for Circle Leaders and Allies.
- Learn and utilize Asset Based Community Development principles in the Circles model.
- Work with national Circles Trainer and Circles Director to determine best practices.
- Attend Circles training as scheduled.
- Promote Good Samaritan Ministries in general and the Circles initiative through speaking engagements, seminars, and meetings with churches, local agencies, and other community groups when appropriate.
Click here for a full job description
Please send resume and direct questions to Judy VanDyke, Circles and Neighborhood Connections Director (Good Samaritan Ministries, 513 E 8th Street, Holland, MI 49423 - (616) 392-7159 or email@example.com)
Faith in Youth - AmeriCorps Members
We are now recruiting AmeriCorps members to serve at our partner sites for the 2015-2016 school year.
¨ Mentor at-risk middle school aged youth, in one-on-one and small group settings.
¨ Develop and oversee activities of mentoring programs, including selecting neighborhood sites, ensuring sufficient volunteers, monitoring matches and recording attendance.
¨ Recruit students for programs.
¨ Recruit, screen, and monitor volunteers.
¨ Coordinate an annual community-service project for youth.
¨ Accurate reporting and recording of interaction with youth.
¨ Maintain regular communication with the parents and teachers of the children involved.
¨ Attend training and professional development activities, including Member Celebration.
Please send resume and direct questions to Scott Baumgartner, AmeriCorps Program Director (Good Samaritan Ministries, 513 E 8th Street, Holland, MI 49423 - (616) 392-7159 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply online using the link below.
For a full job description, click here.
Click here to apply online.
Circles Allies Needed (Volunteer)
Circles helps low income families move from financial stability – where they are just getting by week to week– to financial mobility – where they are able to rise above poverty. Circles brings families of diverse incomes together in an effort to help low income families achieve their goal. Circle Allies are community members who believe Circle Leaders can achieve their goals. They build positive relationships with Circle Leaders and offer encouragement and support as the Leader works to achieve his or her economic aspirations.
For a full description of this opportunity, click here.
To see other volunteer opportunities, click here.